Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Reason the 2nd Amendment is Still Around.

This, in my opinion, is the most important post yet. There is a huge reason that we have not completely lost our gun rights and that is a very strong lobbying force. I highly suggest researching a state program for you to become a member of. As far as the national ones, I am aware of these two.

The NRA- The NRA is at the forefront of our fight against wrongful gun control. I have been a member of the NRA since age 18. They have publications, a political victory fund, news broadcasts and all sorts of things. They are the big mighty gun lobby that politicians are afraid of. I donate additional money to the NRA every time I feel like the anti-gunners are getting out of hand.

The GOA- Gun Owners of America is a smaller lobbying group that tends to rarely side with a democrat, even a pro gun democrat... Naturally I am also a member of GOA. They are more of a no compromise gun lobby and it becomes more evident when the NRA buddies up with the likes of Harry Reid.

I would have to say, despite a few screw ups, I find the NRA to be the more effective lobbying group, because of brute size and reach, if you only have the money to join one it is the one I would join. I STRONGLY suggest that all gun owners that love the second amendment join one or both of these lobbying groups. These groups are the only thing that stand between the politicians and our guns.

Gun owners should realize it is a constant fight to keep the second amendment. It is exactly why I started this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment