Thursday, February 24, 2011

Schumer going after private sales. Drafting a bill.

They call it the "gun show loophole" but it is simply the ability to privately sell your guns. If they pass this bill, and you decide to sell a gun to your brother, dad, or friend; you would have to go to an FFL dealer to run a background check, pay for a transfer and fill out a 4473. This leaves a trace of where every firearm goes and to whom. Which is basically registration and does away with the biggest obstacle to confiscation.

As always it is allot of work to keep our gun rights, definitely make sure when this bill is presented you contact as many representatives as you can and tell them to oppose this legislation. I will keep my readers posted on the developments of this issue.

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP602fe21c36ca428892c3288da03f1e79.html

1 comment:

  1. It's always amusing to hear people refer to this. Once I update them on the actual laws they're generally surprised - though I did have a friend who was completely floored that I didn't have to do any paperwork if I sold him a firearm.

    ReplyDelete